The Cleveland Browns will visit the New York Jets on Sunday September 13, 2015 for week 1 of the NFL season. Football betting lines are available at BetOnline Sportsbook, where you can get up to $1000 in free plays with your deposit.
New York is home favorite with a point spread of -2.5 along a total over under line of 41 points.
Cleveland finished last season last in the AFC North with an overall of 7-9 with an ATS record of 9-5-2. They bring in new offensive coordinator John DeFilippo going into next season. The former Jets QB coach will have to adapt to Mike Pettine’s defensive style of play. QB Johnny Manziel will most likely start under center, but this is not certain yet. They feel that six starting quarters is far too early to give up on him and they’ve been thrilled with the change in him since he spent 10 weeks in a treatment facility and moved to the suburbs. Rookie running backs Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell both emerged as weapons in the running game last year and with the addition Miami’s all-time leading rusher Duke Johnson in the third round of the 2015 draft we can read that the Browns will rely heavily on the run.
The New York Jets already had one of the best defensive lines in the NFL in 2014, and with the addition of first-round pick Leonard Williams this could end up being and elite unit in 2015. GM Mike Maccagnan also targeted the cornerback position this spring, transforming a question mark to an area of strength. Both Darrelle Revis and Buster Skrine became Jets on March 14 and Antonio Cromartie reunited with Revis four days later. The Jets also added safety Marcus Gilchrist and bolstered their depth across the board. The Jets had an overall record of 4-12,along a record against the NFL spread of 6-9-1 last season.
These teams last met on December 22, 2013 when the Jets at home defeated the Browns 24-13, covering the spread of -2.5, while the game went under the total odds of 37 points.
- Cleveland is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 6 games on the road
- Cleveland is 5-20 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games when playing NY Jets
- NY Jets are 3-12 SU in their last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the NY Jets last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Jets last 6 games at home
- NY Jets are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Jets last 5 games when playing Cleveland
TV: CBS, 1:00 PM ET
Free Betting Pick: Jets -2.5