The Buffalo Bills have released quarterback Trent Edwards after a disappointing start to the season.
Edwards, in his fourth year with the Bills since being drafted in the third round out of Stanford, lost the starting job after just 17 points scored during defeats to Miami and Green Bay.
The offense showed signs of life in week three under the guidance of his backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick, still in a losing cause as AFC East rivals New England claimed a 38-30 win.
The Bills gave no reason for the decision to get rid of Edwards but head coach Chan Gailey is expected to address the issue at his press conference later on Monday.
His exit leaves Buffalo with just two quarterbacks on their roster, Fitzpatrick and third-year pro Brian Brohm, who has made just one career start.
Possibly Related Posts:
- 2013 NFL Betting: Buffalo Bills Notable Offseason Moves
- 2013 NFL Betting: Tennessee Titans Notable Offseason Moves
- 2013 NFL Betting: Jacksonville Jaguars Notable Offseason Moves
- 2013 NFL Betting: Denver Broncos Notable Offseason Moves
- 2013 NFL Betting: San Diego Chargers Notable Offseason Moves