Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward was arrested early Saturday in Georgia on a drunk driving charge, DeKalb County sheriff’s officials said.
The former Super Bowl MVP was booked into the County Jail just outside of Atlanta at 3:41 a.m. and charged with driving under the influence.
He posted a $1,300 bond and was released. Sheriff’s officials said they couldn’t release any more information after processing the paperwork on the case.
The 35-year-old Ward, a third-round draft pick out of Georgia in 1998, is a four-time Pro Bowl selection and winner of two Super Bowls.
Ward won the “Dancing With the Stars” show in May with professional dance partner Kym Johnson to become the second NFL player to win the crown after Emmitt Smith in 2006.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Texans Will Go After Nnamdi Asomugha
- Goodell, Smith meet for labor talks in Minnesota
- Terrell Owens has surgery on torn ACL
- NFL Lockout could end soon with a new CBA
- Seattle’s Qwest Field renamed CenturyLink Field