Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dennis Dixon will undergo surgery on his left knee on Wednesday and will be out indefinitely. That means Byron Leftwich or Charlie Batch will start Sunday at Tampa Bay.
Dixon was hurt in the first half of a 19-11 victory at Tennessee on Sunday, with Batch playing most of the final three quarters — his most extensive game action since 2007. Leftwich, expected to start during Ben Roethlisberger’s four-game suspension, sat out the first two games with a sprained left knee from the final preseason game.
Coach Mike Tomlin does not expect Leftwich to be bothered by the injury, but how well Leftwich responds in practice may determine if he is ready to start. Batch was the No. 4 quarterback during voluntary workouts and training camp.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Hines Ward arrested on drunk driving charge
- Texans Will Go After Nnamdi Asomugha
- Goodell, Smith meet for labor talks in Minnesota
- Terrell Owens has surgery on torn ACL
- NFL Lockout could end soon with a new CBA