NFL Network’s Jason LaCanfora reports the Texans do indeed plan to pursue Nnamdi Asomugha in free agency.
LaCanfora backs up defensive coordinator Wade Phillips’ promise that the Texans will aggressively target defensive needs this summer.
The front office and coaching staff feel pressure to “finally break through” with the first playoff berth in franchise history, and the first step is fixing the league’s worst secondary.
LaCanfora expects Johnathan Joseph to be a fallback option. Safety Gerald Sensabaugh, who played under Phillips in Dallas, could be targeted as well.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Hines Ward arrested on drunk driving charge
- Goodell, Smith meet for labor talks in Minnesota
- Terrell Owens has surgery on torn ACL
- NFL Lockout could end soon with a new CBA
- Seattle’s Qwest Field renamed CenturyLink Field