Backup quarterback Kerry Collins stepped up for the injured Vince Young, leading the Tennessee Titans to a 30-3 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars Monday night at EverBank Field.
Young left the tilt after spraining his left knee on the series following a 23-yard TD pass to Kenny Brit on the opening drive.
Collins, who replaced Young in the 2008 season opener and then held on to the starting job the rest of that year, threw for 110 yards and a TD.
Chris Johnson, who led the NFL in rushing TD (6) entering Week 6, carried the ball 26 times for 111 yards and a score for the victors
Bo Scaife and Kenny Britt each caught a TD pass for the Titans, who are now tied with Indianapolis and Houston atop the AFC South.
Jacksonville also lost starter David Garrard, who did not return to the game after suffering a concussion in the second quarter following a hard hit from Will Witherspoon.
Garrard completed 7 of 12 for 49 yards with one interception before being replaced by recently signed Trent Edwards.
Edwards, the former Buffalo starter who was claimed off waivers three weeks ago, was 14 of 24 for 140 yards with two interceptions for the Jaguars (3-3).
Possibly Related Posts:
- 2013 NFL Betting: Buffalo Bills Notable Offseason Moves
- 2013 NFL Betting: Tennessee Titans Notable Offseason Moves
- 2013 NFL Betting: Jacksonville Jaguars Notable Offseason Moves
- 2013 NFL Betting: Denver Broncos Notable Offseason Moves
- 2013 NFL Betting: San Diego Chargers Notable Offseason Moves